Jewish Preppers?

Some people finding our website may be wondering what is a Prepper and why does it have a religious affiliation? Well the short answer is...A Prepper is the modern day survivalist. It's not (necessarily) a right-wing militiaman preparing for Armageddon in the boondocks of Montana. But better represented by a normal, educated, middle class individual perhaps living in the most urban of cities, preparing themselves physically and mentally for any upcoming disaster, natural or man-made. This could include anything from earthquakes to volcanic eruptions, social unrest to an act of terrorism. Preparations include: food supply, medical supply, weapons supply etc. and the knowledge and skills to use them. Of course, a Jewish Prepper is just a designation for a small niche of the Prepper Community that is of the Jewish Faith. We are non-profit and nonpartisan. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Winter is around the corner

I started to do some looking around on the internet for some winter gear items, mainly the stuff I lose every year like neck gaiters and glove liners. Check out Wiggy's products. I have no tie to Wiggy's except as a happy customer.

I spent last winter in Fairbanks, Alaska, from the 6 of November through mid-May. I bought two jackets from Wiggy's (http://wiggys.com/index.cfm). One was a 'lighter' Wiggy's jacket that I wore for for temps to about zero F. I don't think they make them anymore and it was purchased in the Wiggy's Alaska store (not part of Wiggy's but somehow related ...) The other coat was Wiggy's Antarctic Parka. I could not wear that parka until the temp dropped to below zero F. In fact, I was able to walk my dog in minus 40 (-40 F = -40 C by the way) wearing only a light shirt underneath. Of course, the hood was up and I was wearing his Renegade mittens (midweight). Hands never got cold in those. Not once. Yes, his products are pricey, some maybe overpriced. However, they do what they are supposed to do without fail. They insulate when wet.

Wiggy's has some stuff on sale. Note their sleeping bags are great. Down sleeping bags may be lighter, but do not insulate when wet. His sleeping bags are tucked under the ejection seats of some of the USAF fighter jets (which, having been in the USAF,is where I began to hear about Wiggy's. I use mine with a bivy.

No comments: