Jewish Preppers?

Some people finding our website may be wondering what is a Prepper and why does it have a religious affiliation? Well the short answer is...A Prepper is the modern day survivalist. It's not (necessarily) a right-wing militiaman preparing for Armageddon in the boondocks of Montana. But better represented by a normal, educated, middle class individual perhaps living in the most urban of cities, preparing themselves physically and mentally for any upcoming disaster, natural or man-made. This could include anything from earthquakes to volcanic eruptions, social unrest to an act of terrorism. Preparations include: food supply, medical supply, weapons supply etc. and the knowledge and skills to use them. Of course, a Jewish Prepper is just a designation for a small niche of the Prepper Community that is of the Jewish Faith. We are non-profit and nonpartisan. Enjoy!

Monday, May 2, 2016

Barbed Wire Bracelets : Pupacino Post....For Livin

Barbed Wire Bracelets : Pupacino Post....For Livin: On our way to Tennessee, once out of California we did not see a Starbucks until we hit Arkansas...I was shocked to say the least.  I...



Makes me recall my earlier days in Seattle. I would take my dog for a walk to the local barrista (Starbucks hadne taken over the world back then), get a mocha without whipcream and walk home. The barrista got my order wrong, and added the whip. Perhaps distracted by the Harley gang of individuals who all dressed alike pulling in.



There was no way I could get past the heaping whip cream. I sat down, tilted the cup to my dog, and watched her as she lapped up the whip. I would take a sip as she made room, then tilt it back to her as the mound melted and filled in surface. Problem solved as I hate carbs (they make me crash in about 20 minutes). Well, I looked up to see see several lawyers, err, Harley Men, looking really grossed out and 1 or 2 retching a bit. Looked like mouth-vomit from where I was relaxing.



Hell, who hasnt had a bit (or more) of inadvetrtant dog spit in their mouth? I gave up long ago to make pretend otherwise. Still have that dog, but she's a bit slower - not going to catch any more jackrabbits during her 'retirement' - and I owe her. She tried to warn me away from my ex-wife when we were dating.  Should have listened....



Anyway seeing a pup slurping away brought back some great memories.  Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My pleasure! Thanks for visiting my blog. : )